Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Dear the people who call me a 'commie liberal',

Dear the people who call me an 'anti-American commie liberal',

I suffer a mental mêlée with the moral dichotomy of being pro-choice and anti-capital punishment. Both are legalized killing, making my stance on each hypocritical. At least I admit it.

I am a small town American.

I am a Londoner.

I am wary of any actions taken or laws enforced on theory alone, i.e.:
The war in Iraq.
GM foods.
Global warming.
Gun control.

I am fully aware that there are genuine motives for said actions and laws, i.e.:
The war in Iraq.
GM foods.
Global warming.
Gun control.

But it still doesn’t always make them right.

If you read the above stories, you’ll just wind up being as confused as their categorisation within this text.

Repulsive, hateful, malicious ignorance can be masked by passable proofreading. But only just.

Home-schooling does make you weird.

I’m not an environmentalist. I just like things to look pretty, smell pretty and not give people cancer.

I am an atheist, but recognise the need for people – all people – to practice their religions (or lack of) openly in society. I also realise that this is difficult, as each religion (or lack of) has their faction of hate which would render this impossible.

Religion is merely a matter of geography. If I were born in Pakistan, I would pray to Allah. Michigan? God.

‘Liberal’ isn’t a dirty word. We all became the way we are through our life experiences and varying degrees of study. Sometimes these combinations of life experiences and study makes one conservative and other times liberal. The only unacceptable standpoints are those which arise from hatred, ignorance and the wilful disregard of facts. Unfortunately those positions have become the norm.

For the deceitfully religious, leather-wearing fur-haters and cheerleaders: you cannot pick and choose your morality.

Would you kill because of pride? Spiritual pride? Home pride? School pride? Self pride? False pride?

If God protects America (86% Christian), He protects Rwanda (80-93.6%) and Columbia (90% Christian), too.

Youths With a Mission's Method Kamanzi: "Rwanda had been evangelised but not discipled."

And we all know what happened there (genocide.)

A significant portion of the worldwide Christian population would say the same about a significant portion of their Western Christian counterparts. Please, starting now, become disciplined.

I've seen The Pope's Christmas Midnight Mass in the flesh and cried with joy.

I've seen the KKK in the flesh and cried with hatred.

I've seen Abu Hamza in the flesh and cried with fear.

Love,

Munky